Friday, October 16, 2009

Sleep Away Camp 2: Unhappy Campers

Photobucket

This has to be one of my favorite horror movies of all time. I don't know what I love more, the creative death scenes, boys in hot shorts, or the hysterical writing.

The movie takes place years after the first film. Angela, the killer from part one, is now grown up and no longer biologically a male. She returns to the same camp as a councilor, weeding out all the bad campers, which is basically anyone. Nobody knows about her past, not even her fellow staff members. One by one she sends the campers "home", killing them in ways that reflect their bad behavior.

Photobucket

Sleep Away Camp 2 offers a lot of variety. You can't go into this film taking it seriously. The campy slasher is supposed to be fun, giving the audience what they want to see (tits and violence). My favorite death sequence in the movie is when she kills Ally Burgess, the sluttiest camper, by drowning her in the outhouse toilet full of shit, piss, and leaches. Angela then compares her latest victim to what she drowns in. Got to love it!

Photobucket

I know this is no master piece, but for some reason the Sleep Away Camp films always do it for me. I give this film an 8 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment